During Ayurvedic Cleansing, Pancha Karma, we don’t eat Garlic ( nor onions) as it is quite difficult to digest. That does not mean that garlic has great powers and that if you don’t want to eat it, applying on the body, helps as well for many things:
- Ear pain: boil 2-3 garlic in the Sesame oil ( You see againSesame Oil, like my other Ayurvedic Quickwins: an other healer that is so great, check out this link) and put 2 drops of oil in the ear to get relief from the pain. Max: 2-3 times per day
- Sleeping problems: Eat a small salad with garlic in the night time to get a deep sleep. ( Salad has the image to be light, but note that for Ayurveda, salad and garlic don’t digest easily, so keep it in a small quantity
- Warts and skin spots: To remove them directly apply raw garlic on warts and acne spots. Do this on a daily basis and you will get rid of warts and acne spots easily.
- High blood pressure: Drink this “great” syrup, two whole garlic, sugar and glass of water. 3 table spoons (tbsp) of syrup daily to resolve the high blood pressure problem.
- Rheuma: Take oil for any kind of joints ( Sesame oil is great too), boil 3-4 garlic cloves in 3 tbsp of Sesame oil and massage it on swollen joints. It works as anti-inflammatory medicine. You can also rub raw peeled garlic on sore and swollen joints to get relief from the pain.
- Muscle pain: make a paste of head of garlic and rub it on the whole affected area and leave it for whole night to get relief from the unbearable muscles pain.
- Smoking: Big surprise,if you want to quit smoking, garlic is your new BFF ( Best Friend For ever). Take a few raw garlic on an empty stomach with 2 lemon juice before your lunch and dinner time to quit smoking naturally. ( I know you will stink, but it is also a great way to find out who loves you and who does not)
- Toothaches: Due to antibacterial, analgesic and anesthetizing properties of garlic, it will help to cure toothaches. You will get instant relief from the gum infection or toothache problem by rubbing garlic oil or a piece of crushed garlic clove on the ache area of your teeth.
The list is exactly endless, it helps for virility as well, but I guess your new date will walk away even before getting to your bed, so perhaps not the best tip ever. If you are gonna eat some garlic, eat some parsley after it, it neutralises a bit the smell for others and yourself.